Sunday, May 26, 2013

Miss Independent?

They don't get it.
I have these conversations with my parents about
independence all the time.
The ideal for me at this point would be to move
in with two other friends who both have disabilities.
We'd be a different kind of family, but we're a family nonetheless.
People are this stage now where they know I want independence.
Yet, they keep telling me how much "physical support"I am going to need,
and how my friends can't do that.
I keep telling them I'll make it work.
I'm tired of the fight.
I want independence, but I'm at the point
where I am just giving up on it.
This topic is so close to me...so much what I want, and yet,
I'm willing to just give up the fight right now.

I'm sorry this blog has gotten to be so depressing...
thinking of discontinuing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment