Tuesday, April 8, 2014

So, We Meet Again?

A few of you remember a post I made last year.
It's the second most recent post on this blog (shows how often I use it), but I wanted to follow up.

At times, I think part of being an advocate, make that part of being a person in general, is not backing down.

With that, I'm going to the Henrico County Board of Supervisors meeting tonight, where I will once again deal with the character that was described in my "There are Times" post.

I will be with my fellow advocates from my DRIVEN team.
We are a tight group, and we support each other 100%
If he dares to make a comment as he did before, my team members
and I will call him on it, as well as bring up the past conversation.

So many times, people think we are just going to back down.
I assure you, we are stronger in numbers, and we will not be backing down ANYTIME soon.


UPDATE:
Tonight we learned that the CARE bus will NOT be cutting services or hours in Henrico County, which was the reason we went to advocate in the first place.
Unfortunately, the Board of Supervisors could not answer our question without making us look like fools (telling my fellow board member that he was "reading the wrong newspaper", cutting me off, and actually laughing at us mid public testimony), but in the end, people from the general public met us in the hallway wanting more information and disgraced with the way we were treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment