Friday, June 7, 2013

If I were in your shoes...

I had a team meeting today to prepare for Youth Leadership Forum.
My supervisor was talking to me and my coworker about what we would
tell the YLF delegates (rising Juniors and Seniors in high school as well as post- graduates) what
we wished we had known at their age. Tonight, I can think of a few things, and I know I'll build on that list as time moves on.

List

1. Your support circle is literally what can drag you out of bed
each morning and keep you going through the night.
Hold the people you love close to you.You don't know how long
you will have them for.

2. Some fights, you might just have to decide to back away from
until another day. Don't let that get in the way of feeling proud of
who you have become.

3. Independence is possible. Don't let anyone tell you it's not.


4.  Modifications may be necessary, and that's alright.

5. Don't brush your abilities or your disabilities under the rug.

6. You learn as you go. Mistakes teach you more than your successes sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment