Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's progress... for me

It's funny how the small steps seem like such a leap.
When I was little, I would get frustrated, and people used to say
"you'll get there, and when you do, it will be a huge accomplishment."

Tomorrow, I'll take one of those steps of independence,
and I realize that each step is a step all on it's own.

Driving was a huge deal for me.
NEVER thought it would happen.
There were bumps and bruises and hiccups, but it did.
Tomorrow, I'll be up bright and early.
I'll be driving about 2.5 hours for a conference.
I know, it doesn't sound huge, but this is the longest trip I've made on my own.

There have already been hiccups,
people who tell me it will not end well,
and issues with the car,
but all I can do is try.
I guess that's something I've always had to do...
just keep trying.

There are nights when I don't want to anymore.
However, one of the few constants right now in my life
is the fact that I will give it my all whether I want to or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment